The High Performance Pathway Programme has been specifically developed for the needs of those at the forefront of designing, managing, administering and delivering athlete pathways. The programme uses innovative and proven management techniques to establish organisational alignment for the successful implementation of athlete pathways for the sport.
Benefits of attending
At the conclusion of the programme, participants will have developed an understanding of and be equipped with tools for:
- The high performance environment;
- Improved ability to take a planned and systematic approach to athlete pathway management;
- Different high performance structures operating in the sector for Olympic and non-Olympic sports;
- Effective strategies for improving sport performance; and
- Effective management of support structures in the performance pathway.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance awarded by the World Academy of Sport.
Who should attend?
The programme is typically suitable for Performance Directors and managers with a demonstrated management background in athlete pathways including:
- High performance directors;
- Athlete support service suppliers;
- Regional, provincial/state, national or international sport organisations;
- Professional sporting entities;
- Community and voluntary groups;
- Government and support agencies; and
- Consultants and suppliers to the sector.
Topics covered in the programme include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and Talent ID for sport
- Talent Engagement and Development of athletes
- Podium Preparation
- Organisational Development
- Change Management
- Managing Transition Points
- Athlete Services
For more information on this programme, please contact the World Academy of Sport on +44 (0)161 639 0950 or email us